With so many drugs and supplements on the market to boost health and treat chronic health issues, it’s hard to know which ones are worth the time and money. For men, l-arginine, a nutrient found in red meats and other foods, is a potent ally in overall wellness for men. A lot of talk has been circulating about its heart-healthy benefits, especially since there are over 85 million Americans alone who have heart disease. However, there are several other ways l-arginine can help men maximize their health and vitality. Here are a few of the top health benefits of l-arginine to consider when deciding to incorporate l-arginine into a balanced, health-focused lifestyle.
1) Cardiovascular Benefits – When it enters the body, l-arginine turns into nitric oxide (NO). It is a very powerful neurotransmitter that increases circulation by telling the blood vessels to relax. This has been shown to improve conditions such as coronary artery disease, high blood pressure (hypertension), clogged arteries, and angina. However, those who have recently suffered a heart attack should consult their physician prior to taking l-arginine.
2) Removing Waste from the Body -In several studies, l-arginine has shown to help kidneys function more efficiently. Kidneys filter the blood of waste and toxins, which are then excreted through urine. L-arginine increases blood flow and the ability to reduce plaque buildup so the kidneys can eliminate waste such as calcium and sodium from the body. The more blood that goes through the kidneys, the more they can filter and keep waste out of the blood and body.
3) Boosting Immunity and Wound Healing -Caring for your immune system is essential to maintaining a healthy body and yet another great reason to take l-arginine. The immune system gets a powerful boost from l-arginine and the nitric oxide it releases because it kills certain parasites and bacteria which can harm the body. L-arginine also helps the release of Growth Hormone (HGH) which helps build connective tissue faster and stronger post-trauma such as wounds or fractures.
4) Diabetes Regulation – According to a study published in the Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism Journal, consistent use of arginine helps diabetics revert to a more normal glucose tolerance level. Basically, this means the nutrient helps the body break down sugars more efficiently. This study also showed an improved in insulin sensitivity. It can also help reduce weight when paired with a sensible diet and regular exercise.
5) Sexual Performance – Nitric oxide plays a critical role in a man’s ability to achieve an erection. NO aids the relaxation of smooth muscles in the corpus cavernosum, the erectile tissue that makes up the majority of the penis, which improves erectile function. While it can work in smaller measure on its own, studies have shown when paired with pycnogenol, it has a 90% success rate.
How to Get the Health Benefits of L-Arginine
L-arginine can be added to one’s lifestyle very easily. Foods like turkey, pork loin, chicken, and red meat have ample amounts of l-arginine. Non-meat foods that also contain significant amounts of l-arginine include pumpkin seeds, soybeans, peanuts, spirulina, and dairy. Adding these foods to a balanced diet.
Oral supplements are also available. There are many supplements on the market, so be sure to choose a supplement that is safe and effective. Also, check with a physician prior to adding new supplements to a regimen.
Men who wish to enhance or maintain sexual performance can benefit from using a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) that contains l-arginine benefits the penis. Quality crèmes will also include other key nutrients and vitamins for establishing and maintaining a vigorous erection. These crèmes are a key part of a healthy lifestyle.