Individuals of both sexes tend to like to make a good impression, and that includes a good physical impression. This is – obviously – one reason why so many men spend time at the gym, watch the foods that they eat and take care in selecting the clothes that they wear. In some cases, they may be seeking to reclaim or maintain a youthful appearance, although many men prefer to “look their age” – but to look the best version of their age. One area in which men do wish to look youthful, however, is their penis. They want to exhibit a youthful penis health, one which gives the impression of vigor and vitality. And practicing proper penis skin care is one way to achieve this goal.
Penis skin is important
Healthy penis skin makes a big impact on partners – or even just on other guys at the gym. (Men do check out each other’s equipment, not necessarily for sexual purposes but as a way of comparing their own manhoods and seeing how they stack up.) What’s desired is penis skin that has a healthy glow and one that is relatively free from blemishes.
Clearly, there are some features which can be an immediate turn-off to someone – genital warts, for example. Not only are these unattractive, but they also send a message that the owner of this penis may have a sexually-transmitted infection (STI), and so sex may be off the table right away. Other kinds of rashes, even though they may not be due to an STI, also distract from the other fine points of an individual penis.
Sometimes the problem isn’t a rash; it’s simply dry penis skin. When the skin gets too dry, it can develop small tears and cracks, or may become scaly or flaky. None of this is good. Similarly, a penis which is handled too roughly (often through masturbation without sufficient lubrication) can have skin that looks, rough, cracked and worn.
Treat penis skin right
Taking care of penis skin requires only a modest amount of time and effort, and the results are well worth it. Some basic penis skin care tips include:
- Wash regularly – and properly. Washing the penis as needed is a no-brainer, but too often guys get in a “cave man” mode where they have a few days off and just don’t shower. Not good. But it’s also not good to use soaps with lots of fragrances and chemicals; penis skin is delicate and responds best to gentle cleansers. Also, warm water is good; hot water not so much. When the water is too hot, it can actually dry out the oils that penis skin needs to keep water locked in. Finally, soft towels which pat the penis dry – rather than rough towels aggressively rubbing the penis – work better.
- Wear appropriate clothing. Going commando can be fun, but when penis skin rubs against rough cloth, it abrades it. Wearing cotton underpants is a better idea.
- Use gentle detergents. Penis skin reacts to harsh ingredients in some detergents, which can cause it to dry out and crack or may cause a rash. Using gentle detergents helps prevent this.
- Lube up. Whether masturbating or engaging in partner sex, it’s important that the penis be well lubricated. Otherwise, rough action tears and potentially scars the skin.
- Youthful looking penis skin is more easily achieved with the daily application of a superior penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Cremes with a team of moisturizing agents (such as shea butter and vitamin E) have a distinct advantage, helping to make sure that the penis skin is well hydrated for a handsome glow. It’s even better if the crème also includes an antioxidant like alpha lipoic acid. This can further strengthen delicate penis skin by warding off damaging free radicals and the oxidative stress they can cause.