For most men, loss of penile sensitivity will happen at some point in their lives. Some causes of losing sensitization are unavoidable; however, many are easily fixed with a little awareness and education. If a man has no feeling in his penis, the first step he should take is finding out what is causing the underlying issue rather than just treating the symptom with a little blue pill. Here are a few of the most common causes of a desensitized penis and a few tips on how to get the sensation back.
1) Growing Older – As a man ages, so does his penis. With age comes a more relaxed libido due largely to slowing blood vessels. Erections are made of blood vessels which enlarge as blood flows down to the penis. As men hit 40 or 50, their blood flow dips a bit, causing less powerful erections. A few ways to help erectile prowess with age is to workout before sex and choose a time of day when a man feels most energized to have sexual relations.
2) Low T – Age also brings depletion of testosterone once a man hits his 50’s. This depletion then leads to a lack of feeling in the penis. If a man experiences other symptoms like exhaustion, sadness or depression, irritability, and reduced muscle mass, he may have low T. See a doctor for diagnosis and treatment.
3) Anxiety – Life throws a lot at men. From career pressures to romantic entanglements, men face a lot in a day. Anxiety is said to affect one in every five men and can lead to no feeling in the penis. Instead of letting anxiety cause a droopy penis, find ways to deal with anxiety like talk therapy, exercise, or a fun way to blow off steam.
4) “Death Grip” – “Death grip” is generally the number one reason younger men experience no feeling in the penis. Those who masturbate excessively often find they have to increase constriction on the penis to enjoy release. This creates a dangerous circle of ever-increasing constriction and the grip becomes so excessive and the friction so great that it’s harder and harder (no pun intended) to orgasm. This can not only cause a desensitized penis but also make sexual satisfaction in relationships harder to come by. Take a knee and resist self-gratification until the penis is back to a heightened sensitivity. For men who have a hard time saying no to hand-solo time, see an addiction or sex therapist for help.
5) Medical Conditions Which Include Reduced Circulation – Men who suffer from medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes, or heart problems can find they have no feeling in the penis. Treat the cause first by contacting a trusted medical professional and then the symptoms.
6) Nerve Damaging Diseases – Nerve damaging diseases such as diabetes and Multiple Sclerosis (MS) can affect the penis as well as the body as a whole. Both diseases are linked to neuropathy, a condition caused by nerve damage which can cause pain, burning, and numbness. See a doctor for treatment.
7) Peyronie’s Disease – This less-known condition surprisingly affects 23 percent of men 40 and over. Peyronie’s is a condition in which the penis curves in any direction at an angle of 30 degrees or more. It is caused when collagen plaques form on the connective tissue around the spongy interior of the penis. This can make erections and sex very painful. It’s recommended to see a doctor as soon as the condition is noticed.
Pro Tip: Reinvigorate a Desensitized Penis with Self-Massage
In addition to treating each cause in their own specific way, men can also practice a little self-care to help the penis gain sensitivity. Massaging the member with a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) is a wonderful way to improve sensation in the penis. In addition to soothing emollients, this special moisturizer contains nutrients vital for penis health and function. Some especially advantageous elements to look for include vitamin C, which is a key nutrient for encouraging proper blood flow for robust erections. L-Carnitine also is a smart addition to any penis health regimen as it guards against peripheral nerve damage caused by friction, causing loss of sensation in the penis. L-Arginine, a key amino acid that increases blood flow, is also a critical element to any cream to help sustain firm, powerful erections.