Everyman has no doubt gotten a little overzealous at some point in his life and masturbated until he wound up with a red penis and a lot of discomfort. Sometimes it’s just high drive, other times it’s boredom, and other times, well, sometimes it’s just because it’s really fun to do. No matter the reason, a rash from masturbation can be quite painful and inconvenient and isn’t just a result from too much self-pleasure. Let’s dive into the cause, how to treat a rash from masturbation, as well as how to prevent one in the first place.
Causes of a Rash from Masturbation
There are several reasons why a man can find himself with a rash from masturbation. Here are a few:
1) Too much solo-time. Too much self-gratification can lead to an angry red rash and chafed skin.
2) No lube. If a man rubs himself raw when self-pleasuring it can be because he forgot to lube up and went dry. This can cause excessive friction on the skin which leads to a rash. This can also lead to long-term nerve damage as well.
3) New lube. Maybe he lubed up, but it was a new lubricant he’d never before use. This could mean he’s allergic or sensitive to the ingredients. Be sure to use a product with as many natural ingredients as possible and be sure to do a patch test on the inner elbow or inner wrist before putting them in more private places.
4) Skipped Clean Up. Some men don’t do an ample clean up after enjoying self-pleasure. This can lead to bacteria build-up, smegma, and infections.
Treating a Rash from Masturbation
Once a red penis arises, it’s good to follow these tips below to clear up that rash and get on the road to recovery.
1) It’s time to call a flag on the play and take a knee. No more activity of any kind for the red member while healing. Continued horsing around can lead to greater pain, infection, and tears in the skin which lead to scar tissue and rob a man of sensation down the line.
2) Give Big Red a thorough, but gentle cleansing. Be sure to use warm water and a mild cleanser like a baby wash or shampoo. Rinse thoroughly as well.
3) Pat dry with a soft towel.
4) Cold compresses can help with discomfort and heat. Simply soak a soft washcloth in cool water, wring out, and then place on the penis. Continue refreshing the cloth as needed.
5) Wear loose, breathable fabrics to give the penis room to breathe and heal.
Preventing a Rash from Masturbation
There are a few common-sense ways to prevent a rash from masturbation. First, practice moderation when self-pleasuring and be aware of its effects on the penis. Second, don’t self-love without some sort of lubricant. Third, be sure to patch-test all-new lubricants prior to putting them on the penis. Conduct a test by putting the product on the inner wrist or inner elbow and waiting to see if there is any reaction after a period of time.
Finally, be sure to have a tried-and-true hygiene routine which includes daily penile care. This means carefully washing the penis with warm water (not hot!) and a mild cleanser. Be sure to wash all areas and get in all the folds and creases. Rinse well and air dry or pat dry with a soft towel. After cleansing the skin, a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) should be applied. Nutrient creams that are designed specifically for the penis should contain ingredients such as vitamins A, C, D, and E, which are noted for their skin-soothing and healing properties, helping to heal rashes as well as prevent them in the future. In addition, men should look for a product containing a natural skin conditioner such as Shea butter, which red, itchy skin on contact and leaves it hydrated, agile and less prone to future drying and itching. Be sure to repeat this hygiene protocol after every self-love session.