With the new year rapidly on the way, it’s time for people to start thinking about resolutions to improve their lives. Hopefully, men reading this already are talking steps to maintain excellent penis health – but if they are not, that needs to be at the top of their resolutions list! But beyond keeping the penis healthy and strong, now is a good time to resolve to experience even better sex in the coming year.
“Having better sex’ is a fine resolution in and of itself, but men will be better off if they make more specific plans for achieving that goal. Depending upon a man’s individual status and needs, the following are some resolutions which might be valuable to consider.
- Get more rest. It’s no secret that people in this fast-paced, modern world are simply not getting enough sleep – and that’s bad for health in general, as well as specifically for penis health. When a man is tired, his sex drive can be dampened and his stamina can be lessened. In other words, it can take longer to get his “car” started and he runs out of gas more quickly. Better sex is more likely if a man is well rested, so getting more sleep on a regular basis is recommended.
- Try new positions. This is an especially good resolution for a man in a long term relationship which may have become a little “routine.” If the couple has been using the same sex position (often traditional missionary), it’s time to get out the Kama Sutra and start exploring some different options. Not only can this add some new excitement in the bedroom, but changing positions often means that the penis (and the vagina) will be stimulated differently, which may lead to sex lasting longer than it does with the couple’s tried-and-true position.
- Improve general health. The healthier the body in general is, the healthier the penis – and the better prepared for better sex. Start with diet, especially for men who are overweight. Shedding extra pounds can make a man feel livelier and increase his sexual stamina; in addition, losing the spare tire makes the basic mechanics of penetrative sex more manageable. Adding healthy food alternatives, like fruits and vegetables, can also boost a guys’ sexual energy.
For those who don’t exercise as much as they should, increasing physical activity is important, too. Not only does this improve a man’s physical appearance 9which can be an ego boost), it also affects testosterone production, which in turn can make a guy feel friskier.
And upper body strength comes in handy for maintaining sex positions which require the man to use his arms.
Quitting smoking and limiting alcohol intake can also go a long way to achieving better sex goals. Smoking stresses the heart, which affects sexual performance in a number of ways. And too much alcohol can lessen sex drive while also causing the penis to go “soft” more often than is desired.
- Communicate. Sex may be driven by the penis, but the whole person needs to be involved – and a couple will have better sex is they openly communicate about their sexual wants and needs. Letting a partner know what feels good or what is less arousing – and learning what works or doesn’t work for them – is important for a positive sexual relationship.
- Keep the penis healthy. One of the most important better sex resolutions is to daily apply a superior penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that contains alpha lipoic acid, a potent antioxidant that combats excess free radicals. This in turn helps prevent damaging oxidative stress. The best crème will also include vitamin A, which has anti-bacterial properties that can help eliminate persistent penis odor, a common complaint women have about men.