A sensitive penis is a man’s number one priority. Why? It’s what ensures that a man continues to produce and maintain erections well into his Social Security–collecting years. Many things over time, most controllable but some unavoidable, can rob a man of his penis sensitivity. But have no fear! There are plenty of ways to preserve a sensitive penis and increase penis sensitivity for those who find it depleting over time.
What Is Penis Sensitivity, and Why Is It Important?
Penis sensitivity is the ability for the penis to feel stimulation. The amount of penis sensitivity a man has is gauged by different ways the penis can be stimulated, something called “sensory threshold.”
As men age, starting as early as age 25, penis sensitivity declines. Men may not notice the decline for some time. According to researchers, the sharpest decline is observed to be between age 65 and 75, and that is when it is largely most noticed by men. Otherwise, it’s not really noticed unless it’s so intense that it has led to erectile dysfunction (ED) or the inability to ejaculate.
Having sensitive penis is desirable because it is more likely to get and maintain erections to completion. It also can result in more ejaculatory control and higher levels of pleasure. Some men, however, have overly sensitive penises, which can lead to premature ejaculation, but other than in the teenage years, it affects a small segment of men.
How to Increase Penis Sensitivity: Do’s and Don’ts
Here are a few guidelines of things to avoid in order to preserve penis sensitivity and a few others to maintain or increase it. After all, a sensitive penis is a very happy penis.
1) Exercise Some Moderation. Too much sex or self-pleasure in close time frames can cause nerve damage due to overuse. Also, compression from death-grip when self-pleasuring or getting a “handy” from an aggressively tightfisted partner can not only cause immediate trauma to the penis but over time can lead to the buildup of scar tissue, which robs a penis of its sensitivity and can lead to ED and Peyronie’s disease.
2) Toss the Tighty Whities and Nut-Huggers. It’s time to Kondo the closet and drawers of underwear and bottoms that put the squeeze on the family jewels. Too much compression from clothing can rub against the penis constantly, resulting in a less-sensitive penis. Switch to something (on the regular – tight is okay now and then) that gives the one-eyed trouser snake some room to wiggle and breathe.
3) Get Rid of Smoking, Alcoholism, and Drug Abuse. Smoking shrinks the blood vessels, and drug and alcohol abuse can numb the penis, stealing its ability to get or stay hard. If cold turkey isn’t an option, get help from a professional.
1) Ditch Dad Bod. All men need to, but men of a certain age (those over 40) need to give extra attention to diet, fitness, and stress as they age. All have an effect on penis sensitivity.
2) Don’t Go Dry. For solo play, lube is the norm. However, partner play evolves through the years, especially if one’s partner is over 40 as well. As women enter pre-menopause, they can sometimes produce less lubricant for sex (this is not all women). Bedroom athletics that were once like a slip-n-slide can evolve into a less-wet experience. Be sure to use lube whenever needed to reduce friction that can cause nerve damage. Also, it just feels better!
3) Explore More. Sometimes bedroom shenanigans can seem, well, a little robotic. Switch up Monday Missionary with some new positions, toys, scenarios, and skill sets to excite the mind and body. Not only will it result in a more sensitive penis, but it can also reinvigorate a long-term committed partnership and keep the intimacy intact and the attraction hot and heavy.
In addition to the tips above, think about adding something new to the daily hygiene regimen. Applying a specially formulated penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin) can be really helpful in increasing penis sensitivity. Look for crèmes with special ingredients like L-carnitine, which protects the penis from peripheral nerve damage. Also, be sure that the selected crème has vitamin C for blood flow and elasticity. Adding this small step daily can help preserve a sensitive penis.