There is a rash of sex tips on the internet for just about every possible subject, but surprisingly few for overweight men. Considering that quite a few of us men could stand to shed a few pounds – statistics show that more than one-third of adults in the United States are obese and that a further third are overweight – this seems to be an oversight. Being overweight can have an impact on penis health and can also create other challenges in bed. So with that in mind, let’s review a few sex tips for overweight lovers.
What is overweight?
What constitutes being overweight can vary from individual to individual, but the generally accepted definition of an overweight adult is one whose body mass index (BMI) lies between 25 and 30. If the BMI is 30 or higher, a person is considered obese.
While it is generally healthier to be what is considered a “good weight,” many people are simply unable to attain or maintain that goal – and some find benefits in being overweight that make it preferable to attempting to maintain a lighter weight. For this latter group especially, sex tips can come in handy.
Some sex tips for the overweight guy
- Love yourself. No, this isn’t advising a guy to masturbate more – although there’s usually little harm in self-pleasuring. This is just reminding men that self-confidence and self-esteem are among the most important attributes of a good lover. Whether one’s extra poundage is temporary, transient, or permanent, it’s important to be accepting of it and not ashamed of it in bed. If a guy feels ashamed of being fat, he should spend time naked in front of a mirror, observing his body and its good points. Some may need to work with a therapist to become accepting of his appearance, even if he is seeking to change it ultimately.
- Consider a penis ring. Often overweight men may find that their penis appears to have shrunk in length a little. The penis is actually as long as it ever was, but some of it may be hidden beneath the “fat pad” that surrounds it. Wearing a penis ring not only can aid in maintaining or strengthening an erection, it can also push a little of the fat pad back and the buried shaft forward.
- Wash carefully. As a person gains weight, they tend to get “rolls” or “folds” of skin. It’s important that a man wash carefully all over and beneath these rolls, as it’s easier for dirt or bacteria to gather there. And in bed, a man wants to present his healthiest, most hygienic self.
- Let her be on top. When a guy is significantly heavier than his partner, he should suggest using positions beyond the typical missionary, especially those that either allow her to be on top or allow him to keep the bulk of his weight off of her.
- Work on those arms. If a couple prefers to use a position in which the man is on top, it is beneficial for the partner if the man is strong enough to support some of his weight in his arms. Choosing exercises to help develop or maintain upper arm strength can be very helpful.
- Maintain good penis health. All sex tips, whether for overweight, thick, or regular-sized men, should emphasize the need to regularly utilize a superior penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best oils will include a range of vitamins, such as A, B5, C, D, and E, which, being applied topically and directly to the penis, are primed to better do their work efficiently. In addition, an oil with a potent antioxidant like alpha lipoic acid will help fight free radicals and their resulting oxidative damage.