In spite of the fact that most men possess a perfectly presentable penis – and that the partners of most men are sexually satisfied with the penis size of their partner – most men still harbor a desire for a bigger piece of equipment. One method that a person may employ in his search for a longer penis is penile stretching. Whether this works or not is the subject of some debate; some men swear by it, others claim it does not work at all. But regardless of efficacy, those concerned with penis health should know that stretching can in many cases result – not surprisingly – in a sore penis.
The penis is clearly pliable and does a lot of stretching on its own—as any man knows from observing his own penis become engorged and erect when aroused. So there may be some superficial logic in seeing if it can be stretched a bit more beyond its current limit. And some doctors warn against penile stretching because of serious dangers associated with it. But suppose a guy is interested in such an activity. What kind of options does he have?
- Manual stretching. Although manual stretching may sound like just an excuse to masturbate more, practitioners claim there is a difference. Usually (though not always) when a man masturbates, he is trying to produce an erection and then provide manual stimulation such that he can bring his penis to ejaculation and orgasm. But with manual stretching, the idea is to grip the (soft) penis tightly below the head and then stretch it forward so he can really feel the stretch but without experiencing real pain. He holds it there for about 30 seconds (or longer if he is experienced), then releases the penis. He gives it a rest for 10 to 15 seconds, then stretches it again. Repeat, initially for perhaps 3 minutes, building up to 5 or 10, or longer if desired.
- Try traction. Many men advocate using a penis extender, which is similar to putting the penis in traction. An extender is a device that attaches at the base of the shaft and also under the head of the penis. Its length is changeable, so the idea is to stretch it to the desired length and then “lock” in the setting.
- The weights method. Finally, some guys like to hang weights from their penis and let gravity take care of the stretching. Small weights are put on a cord and the cord is securely looped around the head. It can be difficult to determine the appropriate amount of weights to use and the appropriate amount of time to use them.
Most men will experience a sore penis of some degree from penile stretching. The following can help provide soothing relief in that situation.
- Cool it. A cold compress wrapped in a loose towel can be applied to help the sore penis feel better.
- Take some aspirin. Any of several over-the-counter anti-inflammatories (such as aspirin) can aid a sore penis in getting relief.
- Moisturize. A sore penis from penile stretching may receive relief faster if a top-drawer penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is employed. The best oil for this will include a combination of a natural hydrator (vitamin E is one) and a high-end emollient (such as luscious shea butter) in order to keep the skin smooth and supple. For extra benefit, choose an oil that also contains vitamin C, a key component of collagen, a tissue in the body that gives skin its tone and elasticity. Vitamin C also plays a role in maintaining blood flow to the penis.