A red penis doesn’t look normal. That’s because a healthy, vital, clean male organ tends to be almost the same color as the rest of the skin on a man’s body. Unless a man is aroused or just coming off a romp, redness typically means that something has gone wrong and that a man needs some additional penis care methods in order to recover.
But the type of care a man needs is dependent on the underlying condition that’s causing the redness and inflammation. And that means men need to know what’s causing the problem before they can do something about it.
This quiz might help. Various symptoms that come along with a red penis are listed up top, while conditions that typically cause those symptoms are listed below. Men can match the symptom with the condition and use the scoring tool at the bottom to identify and fill gaps in their knowledge.
Other Skin Symptoms that Come with a Red Penis
1) The redness comes in patches, and the edges of those patches are raised and rough. The skin might itch, and a man who scratches may find that the skin seems tough and leathery. Scratching rarely makes the itching stop, as a man can’t seem to get below the crust to the source of the tingle.
2) The very tip of the penis is shiny, and the skin around the whole penis can feel tight. It’s as if the inside of the penis is swelling, while the foreskin stays the same size. Men with this particular problem may also notice that their underwear smells funky.
3) Redness that comes with an intense, distracting, overwhelming urge to scratch is the main symptom of this condition. Men might also notice a dribble of a cottage cheese-like substance emerging from the tip of the penis.
4) While redness might appear to be the only symptom, men who peer a little closer might see tiny bumps. Those bumps itch like crazy, and the area of misery might be confined to just certain spots on the penis.
Typical Red Penis Conditions
1) Allergic reaction. The skin down there can be highly sensitive to things like dyes, perfumes and antibacterial agents. When sensitive skin is exposed to things like this, rashes and redness can spring up in no time. Removing the trigger often makes the rashes disappear.
2) Balanitis. Unclean foreskins are full of bacteria, and when those invaders run wild, they cause redness and inflammation. That’s usually the source of balanitis, and it can be a painful condition. Thankfully, washing properly and using topical treatments can resolve the issue.
3) Psoriasis. This medical condition is often treated with a combination of steroid creams and light therapy. Making a few dietary changes can also bring men relief.
4) Thrush. Thrush or yeast infection is usually passed from a female partner to a male partner during sex. Antifungal creams can be helpful in solving this problem, but men must be sure that their lady partners have the same treatment at the same time. Otherwise, the couple will keep on sharing the problem each time they have sex.
Staying Ahead of the Red Penis Problem
Since there are all sorts of things that can cause a red penis, it makes sense for men to be on guard. After all, those who are proactive might never have a redness issue in the first place.
A penis health cream (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) can help. These products are simply loaded with the vitamins healthy skin cells crave. And each application gives the penis a kiss of moisture, and that can keep invaders out and goodness in.