It might be unusual for a man to look down at his equipment and notice a cut that wasn’t there the day before. It’s especially weird when he took a night off from masturbation or sexual activity with a partner. So why does a guy wind up with penis cuts for no apparent reason? Is there something lacking in his usual penis care? Is he suffering from the sudden onset of a sexually transmitted disease? Is there something even worse going on?
These questions and others might run through a man’s mind the moment he sees an unexplained injury on his penis. But there is often a very simple and clear-cut answer (so to speak) for the situation. Here are some of the most common reasons.
1. Significant dryness. The penis skin is quite delicate, and sometimes can dry out literally overnight. This is especially true if a man chooses to use a soap-based product to cleanse his penis instead of a specially-formulated cleanser. Soaps can be quite harsh, and they can easily lead to dryness of the skin.
2. An allergic reaction. Sometimes that dryness can come from an intense allergic reaction to something new in the environment. Perhaps a guy is sleeping on sheets that were washed in a new detergent, and he just happens to have a slight allergy to some of the ingredients in that detergent. Or maybe he was just with a partner who wore a particular type of powder or perfume that adversely affected his penis skin.
3. Doing something different. A guy who decided one day to go commando might pay for it later with penis cuts that seem to make no sense. This might happen from rubbing up against harsh denim, contact of the penis with the back of the zipper, or a myriad list of other reasons. In other words, the penis wasn’t in its usual environment for quite some time, and the result is a plethora of issues, including the possibility of penis cuts.
4. Yeast infections. One of the hallmarks of a yeast infection is inflammation and a strange cracking of the skin, which can often look like a cut. A yeast infection can also be incredibly itchy; when a man scratches the area, he runs the risk of opening up tiny fissures that are already there, thus making it appear as though he has a cut on this penis. Eventually these cuts will fill with yeast growth, making them appear whitish or yellow.
5. Some sexually transmitted diseases. Sometimes a sexually transmitted disease can make the penis look quite strange, including what looks like cuts, scrapes or other irritations. If a man has recently been with a new partner, especially if no protection was used, he must consider that an STD could be the culprit. In this case, it’s important to visit the doctor to rule out what the issue might be.
6. Sexual misadventures. Sometimes a man might get a little rowdy when seeking out pleasure, either by himself or with a partner. He might try out new positions, seek out a variety of homemade toys or simply get rougher than usual. The result after all that fun might be tiny injuries he didn’t notice in the heat of the moment. One of those could be tiny penis cuts.
When a man notices cuts on the penis, there is usually no cause for alarm – but it always pays to get checked out by the doctor if he’s unsure of what happened. This is especially true if a STD might be involved!
After receiving treatment, a man can try to eliminate penis cuts in the future by reaching for a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) . A crème that contains vitamin C and D, both of which can hasten healing, is always a good idea. And a crème that contains the power duo of vitamin E and Shea butter can ensure there are no further cuts from dryness of the penis, as they will keep the skin very well-hydrated with regular use.