How long has penis size been an issue for men? Probably from the first time two cavemen caught glimpses of each other and noticed some difference down below. While penis size itself is not typically considered a penis health issue, efforts by men to increase their penis size can be. For example, many men engage in penis stretching as one way to enlarge their penis. Whether this is something that works or not is debatable, but it is definitely something men try. And sometimes there can be penis pain associated with it.
How stretching works
As any man who has ever masturbated knows, the penis is a very pliable, stretchy organ. When flaccid, it can be pulled to different lengths with relative ease (although with some resulting penis pain, depending on how far and how firmly it is pulled). This stretchiness, of course, is essential for the erectile process – and indeed, when fully erect, there is much less stretch to the penis.
The idea behind penis stretching is that if the penis is stretched often enough, the tissue itself will eventually stretch as well, resulting in a longer penis. Most medical professionals refute this theory, but many men attempt it and there have been individuals who claim to have seen increases (some substantial).
There basically are two ways that a man can try to stretch his penis: Manually or using a penis extender.
1) Manual. This is the ultimate in DIY activities, as it involves nothing more than a guy’s penis and his own hand. There are numerous variations on how to manually stretch the penis, but a typical one involves wrapping the hand around the penis directly below the head and stretching it as far as it will stretch. The man should hold the stretch for a minimum of 30 seconds and then release. After letting the penis rest for a few seconds, he should repeat. Many recommend pulling the penis in alternating directions – upward, downward, left and right – in order to stretch the entire penis. The stretching should be repeated 3 times. As a man progresses, he should increase the number of stretches and the number of times he engages in stretching.
2) Penis extender. A penis extender attaches at the base of the penis and again just below the head. It then extends out, stretching the penis. In some versions, the portion that is attached to the head may further be tied around the upper thigh for extra security. The extender is meant to be worn for an extended period of time each day, sometimes for several hours.
It’s pretty easy to see how either of the above methods could lead to penis pain – and, indeed, some doctors warn that stretching, especially when using an extender, can lead to torn tissue or other concerning damage to the penis.
If, however, the resultant penis pain is simple soreness, there are some steps that can help alleviate the pain. These include:
– Suspending the penis stretching exercises.
– Wrapping the penis in a moderately cool compress – but not too cold, or it can cause damage to the skin.
– Taking an over-the-counter pain reliever.
Men should take great care when engaging in penis stretching, especially since most penises are of perfectly adequate size and the penis pain may not be worth it. Soreness can also be battled by using a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best crème will include vitamin C as well as natural hydrating agents. Vitamin C is crucial because it is essential for helping giving penis skin tone and elasticity. And ingredients like Shea butter and vitamin E can help hydrate the skin, keeping it supple and more prone to stretching.