When a man engages in excellent penis care, one of his ultimate goals is to ensure soft, supple penis skin. But one of the biggest penis problems most men face is the prospect of very dry penis skin that doesn’t seem to respond to even the most powerful penis health crème or moisturizers. The good news is that solving the dry skin issue is pretty easy – as long as a man knows where to look for the source of the problem.
Solutions for dry penis skin
Everyday habits and objects can be enough to lead to dry penis skin, and a man might wonder what in the world he did to cause it. Here are some of the biggest culprits for this serious penis problem and how to avoid them.
1) Using the wrong cleanser. Quite often, a man will purchase an all-for-one body cleanser that can be use everywhere. Using this body wash might make things very convenient, but it can wreak havoc on delicate skin. Opting for a dedicated penis skin cleanser can be one of the best moves a man can make in regard to good penis care.
2) Using harsh detergents. Even if a man uses a gentle cleanser that is great for his skin, he needs to take into account the things that touch his penis and surrounding area when he’s not in the shower. These things include everyday objects, such as underwear and sheets. If those are washed in a harsh detergent with lots of chemicals, it can lead to dry penis skin when the fabric touches a guy’s private regions. Therefore, looking for a gentle but effective detergent should be the goal.
3) Wearing the wrong underwear. Once a man has chosen the proper detergent, he needs to think about the underwear he washes in that detergent. First of all, if a guy isn’t wearing underwear on a regular basis, he needs to start! His trousers can be very rough on penis skin. In addition, underwear that is too tight or doesn’t ‘breathe’ isn’t a good idea either. A man should look for underwear that fit appropriately, made of a fabric like pure cotton or wicking material.
4) Not using lubricant. When a man plays around with himself or a partner, he needs to ensure that there isn’t too much friction. Too much can damage delicate penis skin, leading to irritations and redness, which can then lead to dryness. In addition to using lubricant at the right time, it’s important to choose a lubricant that doesn’t dry out the skin, but moisturizes it instead.
5) Choosing the wrong condom. Condoms are not all created equal! Some have lubrication included, some have spermicide, and still others are made of a variety of materials other than the usual latex. A guy should try out a variety of condoms until he finds the one that doesn’t dry out his penis skin, then stick with using that one for future encounters.
6) Letting problems linger. There are some skin issues, such as yeast infections, that can lead to serious dryness. Instead of opting for the usual penis care regimen and hoping the problem will go away, a man should get to the doctor as soon as he can in order to alleviate the problem and ensure that no further damage occurs. By doing this, he can ensure not only the health of his penis skin, but help eliminate other penis problems before they have a chance to start.
Of course, one of the most important tips for men who suffer from dry penis skin is to use a powerful penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) every day. A man should specifically look for a crème with Shea butter and vitamin E, both of which are known as natural hydrators that can lock in moisture for supple, smooth skin.