Because most men’s penises can become somewhat “dulled” to regular sensation as they age, many men like to keep their eyes open for suggestions on how to improve the penis naturally. Whether engaging in partner sex or masturbation, a man wants the most enjoyable experience possible. The more sensitized his penis is, the more likely he will achieve his goal. Steps to improve the penis can increase sensitivity, as well as general penis health.
Why the loss?
Several issues can lead to loss of penis sensitivity:
- Age – As a man grows older, a little dulling of the senses is normal throughout the body, including the penis. It’s usually not a huge degree, but when talking about the penis – which is the one part of the body where sensation counts the most – even a small degree of loss can be troubling.
- Blood flow – There’s a reason that a man’s “pants playmate” gets good and red when it gets hard: it’s accumulated a lot of blood in its tissues, which makes it swell up and exhibit itself in its own peculiarly proud manner. If blood isn’t circulating into the area as freely as possible, it can affect the firmness of the erection, which also affects the sensitivity a man derives from having it touched or enveloped.
- Medication side effects – Sometimes a medication may have an unintended side effect that can result in penis de-sensitization. A man whose member is experiencing a little dullness should check the warning labels of any medications he is taking or speak with his doctor.
- Inadequate exercise/diet/general health – The more “in shape” a man, the more “in shape” his equipment: maintaining a good weight, keeping away from drugs and alcohol and eliminating smoking can not only make you feel good; it can make good feelings in your penis.
- Injury – A physical injury to penile nerves can definitely cause a sensitivity issue. So can the development of too much scar tissue, which can result from excessive or rough handling of the penis.
What to do
Aside from the hints offered above (check your medications, stay healthy), there are a few other things a man can do to keep his penis happily receptive to sensation. These include:
- Exercising the penis – Keeping the body in shape is one thing, but doing a little “root” exercise is important, too. In other words, work those Kegels (the muscles in the pelvis that control urination). Squeeze them for 5 seconds; release; repeat. Do this at least 10 times and repeat the set several times a day. Keeping the penis muscles built up opens the penis up for a more pleasurable experience.
- Edge around it – Some men report that edging – bringing themselves to the brink of ejaculation; stopping; and repeating several times – leads to a much more satisfying orgasm and increases their general penis sensitivity.
- Spice things up – Sometimes penis sensitivity isn’t so much in the head of your penis as in the head on your shoulders. If a person is a bit bored or complacent, it can affect his sex life. Try out new positions, new toys or new ways of having sex. Whether indulging in masturbation or in partner sex, create some new mental fantasies to experience during the act.
- Keep the equipment in good condition – A penis that’s well attended-to is a penis that responds better to stimulation. Keep your penis clean and in good working order by giving it the hygienic attention it needs.
Good hygiene will be enhanced by regularly employing a proper penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). One tip on how to improve the penis sensitivity is utilize a cream that includes acetyl L carnitine, which helps to nourish the penile cells and make them more open and receptive to sensation. A cream with L arginine is also recommended, as this can help with potential blood flow issues, and one with shea butter is advisable, due to its welcome soothing qualities.