Not all men like to fuss about their personal care routines – a quick shower and a shave, and maybe a little cologne, might be all the attention they care to give to grooming and appearance. However, when it comes to penis care, it may be worth the extra effort to keep the skin supple, well-hydrated and fresh; healthy skin is more touchable and more sensitive. Ordinary moisturizers may do the trick in some cases, but men who choose a penis health cream may experience greater benefits. Here’s why.
A penis health cream contains targeted ingredients.
Not all creams and moisturizers are alike; most contain some combination of vitamins, hydrators and other skin-friendly ingredients, but skin creams that have been specifically designed for men can support penis health in the following ways:
– Circulation. Obviously, healthy circulation is important to deliver the high volume of blood required to achieve and maintain an erection, but the circulatory tissue of the penis is important for other reasons as well. Adequate blood flow is needed to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the penile tissue so that the cells can carry out their metabolic processes; poor circulation can leave the penis open to infections as well as reduced sensation and a wrinkled, dry appearance. Nutrients such as vitamin C support healthy circulatory tissue, while L-arginine contributes to proper erectile function.
– Nerve function. Healthy penile function depends, in large part, on the nerve tissue that sends signals between the brain and penis. Both the pleasurable sensations related to sexual activity and the process of forming an erection depend on healthy nerve function. Nutrients such as alpha lipoic acid and acetyl L-carnitine are important for maintaining nerve tissue and making sure it is working correctly.
– Healthy, supple skin. The integrity of the penile skin is an important part of overall penis health. Skin that is well-hydrated and thoroughly nourished looks and feels better; it can also better protect the delicate tissue underneath. Skin-friendly vitamins such as A, C, D, and E, as well as B5, should be included in a penis-specific cream.
– Immune function. The skin is the body’s first line of defense when it comes to fighting off external invaders as well as interrupting the oxidative process that causes damage on a cellular level. Antioxidants such as vitamins C and E, not to mention alpha lipoic acid, can help boost immune function.
– Odor control. No one appreciates a rank, smelly penis, but preventing odors down there is not always easy. Keeping the area clean is the first step, of course, but this is generally not enough. Deodorants and perfumes are not appropriate for use on the penis; these contain alcohol and/or other additives that can be extremely irritating to the penis skin, especially if they make their way into the urethral opening. Vitamin A (a natural antibacterial agent) can help keep odor under control without causing irritation and discomfort.
A penile cream is typically free of fragrances and other chemical irritants.
Skin care products, including moisturizers, often contain fragrances and other chemical additives to make them smell good and to give them a creamy consistency. Unfortunately, these additives can be irritating, especially to the delicate penile skin. A health cream that is formulated specifically for the penis should be free of fragrances and other additives.
Choosing the right product:
In selecting products intended for penile care, men should look for a penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) that contains a blend of the ingredients mentioned above, as well as a high-end moisturizer. Vitamin E or olive oil creams may work well; another option is Shea butter, which is particularly well-known for its skin-enhancing properties and is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin. For product safety, choose a cream that has been manufactured in U.S. FDA-regulated labs.