Ladies, hopefully the man or me n in your life is everything you want him to be – considerate, kind, attentive, intelligent, sexy, and good in bed. But even the near-perfect mate (because let’s face it, nobody’s really perfect) may have some aspects which are a bit of a mystery to you. For example, no matter how willing (and indeed eager) a man may be to share his penis with you, there are things about his penis which you may still not quite understand or know about. With that in mind, the following penis facts are presented, to help ladies know about their man’s little (or not so little) best friend.
Basic penis facts
– Average size has been exaggerated. For many years, the average erect penis size was said to be six inches. However, a recent study (one of the few such studies which was well designed and therefore is more likely to be closer to accurate) found that the average erect penis is actually just shy of 5.2 inches. The vast majority of men have a tool that measures between 4 and 6 inches.
– He starts (and started) early. Most men wake up with morning wood, which is to say that when they arise to greet the day, their penis has already risen. That’s because the parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for erections, and it is much more active during the night. In addition, testosterone levels impact erections, and testosterone goes up o while a man sleeps. Interestingly enough, those erections precede his entry into the world; science has shown that male babies get erections while still in the womb. (To some ladies, that will come as no surprise whatsoever.)
– It can’t be technically broken. Despite guys calling an erection a boner, there actually are no bones in the penis –and so technically a guy cannot “break” his penis. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be injured. While erect, the penis can undergo a boneless fracture, which is often accompanied by a popping sound, if it slams against something or is slammed into something. This causes penile tissue known as the tunica albuginea to tear.
– It’s not just one tube. Although the penis looks like one tube (or, to some, a hose), it is actually made up on the interior of three tubes. Two of them are called the corpus cavernosum and one in between these two is called corpus spongiosum.
– Many are insecure about their friend. Even many men who are perfectly well endowed and who are quite good in bed may still feel insecure about the size, shape, looks, functionality, or general appeal of their penis. A little praise from the ladies can be helpful for these men; even some guys who are full of macho swagger may deep down be using that to mask worries they have about their manhood.
– Obese men may see their penis “shrink.” When a man gains weight, at a certain point the “pad” that surrounds his penis can become fat as well – and that fat may “swallow up” the base of his penis, making his penis (or that which is still visible) shorter. Women with chubby lovers whose health would be improved if they lost weight might use the fact that a thinner man means a longer penis to inspire them.
Ladies, one more of our penis facts deserves note: men need to work on penis health just as they do other health issues. One thing they can do is apply a first class penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) regularly. The best oils will contain both L-arginine and L-carnitine. The former is an amino acid which helps increase blood flow to the penis when required. The latter has neuroprotective qualities which can aid in maintaining proper penis sensitivity through the years.