With cold weather coming, lots of drivers are already taking steps to winterize their car so it’s ready for any snow, frost, or ice that may come its way. So shouldn’t a man be ready to winterize his penis in the same way? While it isn’t necessary to go to the lengths one does with a car, taking some basic penis protection tips geared toward cold weather can help protect one’s penis health – an admirable goal for any season.
With that in mind, here are some tips for guys to help winterize their penis.
– Drink plenty of water. Actually, being sure to stay well hydrated is a good tip for practically any season, and not just for penis protection reasons; the body simply functions better when it gets an appropriate amount of water. However, the reason to perhaps up the intake a little during the winter is because all that cold, windy weather blowing around can deplete moisture in the body – and with the penis, that can result in dry, flaky skin that is not only unattractive and unappealing, but which can sometimes result in soreness when the penis is in use.
– Take advantage of sunshine. Many wintery days are dark and cloudy, so it’s important to take advantage of those days when the sun is shining brightly. Take a walk on these days, even if it’s just for half an hour at lunch. Why? Because sunlight is needed for vitamin D activation and for keeping testosterone levels high, both of which benefit the penis.
– Stuff it. When the temperature drops, take extra steps to keep the penis and balls warm. Thermal underwear is a good option, or a guy might opt instead for wearing 2 or 3 layers of underwear. And guys shouldn’t be afraid to wear a sock over the penis or to stuff a pair of briefs with fabric in the crotch to keep the penis warm. There also are special wind briefs, made for athletes but useful for even couch potatoes, which are made with extra padding in the crotch. Whatever option(s) one chooses, be sure to take care when selecting fabrics; they need to be soft and smooth, such as cotton. Rough fabrics can irritate delicate, sensitive skin, and some may cause itchiness in the penis, which should be avoided.
– Use a humidifier. If possible, keep a humidifier running so that there is more moisture in the air, thus avoiding drying out of the penis. This can be especially useful if one likes to walk around naked at home.
– Keep the sex (mostly) indoors. It’s true that an occasional sexual episode in the snow can be exhilarating and fun, but for the most part, stick to the bedroom or some other warm, protected place. This is especially important for men who enjoy quick hook-ups in, say, a secluded section of the park. If that is something a guy enjoys on a regular basis, try to limit it to the warmer months and find an indoor spot during the winter months.
– Warm the penis up. If it’s especially frigid outside, try to warm the penis up a little before venturing outdoors. Stand in front of a fire or working radiator, or even just rub the member in one’s hands for a few minutes.
Another good penis protection tip for those who want to winterize the penis: regularly use a superior penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best oils will feature both a high-end emollient (such as shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E), the combination of which helps to keep penis skin moisturized during winter months (and throughout the year). It’s even better if the oil also contains L-arginine, which helps keep penis blood vessels open; with circulation negatively impacted during the winter, this is especially helpful.