Nothing says, “Stay away,” like a good old-fashioned penis rash. It looks a little suspect to a partner, and that can make intimacy difficult. Not to mention, for the man, it’s a fiery, scratchy mess that makes him anxious, and there also is the pain caused by the rash to deal with. But what is a man to think? Why not the worst-case scenario? There’s still a lot to learn! Let’s talk about penis rashes and how a penis rash treatment can turn it all around. And even better, learn a few simple steps to keep rashes away.
Penis Rash Treatment: Penis Rash Symptoms
A penis rash can occur anywhere on the genitals and can really freak a guy out. Here’s what symptoms a man should look for to see if it’s genuinely a penis rash:
– Irritation or inflammation
– Pelvic pain
– Discolored skin, ranging from red to yellow
– Sores, bumps, blisters, or lesions on and surrounding the genitals
– Flaky, dry, sometimes peeling skin
– Thickening of the skin in the affected area
– Itching or burning
– Pain during sex
– Enlarged lymph nodes
Penis Rash Treatment: Causes of the Penis Rash
While it’s easy to jump to conclusions about what could be causing the rash, most times, it’s something pretty harmless and easy to treat with a little patience.
Here are some of the most common causes of a penis rash:
– Allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, lotions, or latex
– Not enough lubricant
– Too much self-pleasure or partner-play in a short period of time
– Jock itch
– Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as syphilis, genital herpes, genital warts, chlamydia, and gonorrhea
If unsure what is causing the rash, a man should head to see his doctor immediately for diagnosis and treatment. If he believes it might be an STI that caused the rash, then he should go to the clinic or doctor immediately for a test.
Penis Rash Treatment and Prevention
Okay, mister, here are surefire steps to turn down that fire. Follow them carefully, and the road to relief is a short one.
1) Leave the Penis Alone – The poor guy needs a break, so no non-necessary contact of any kind is allowed. Necessary contact would be going to the bathroom or taking a shower. Otherwise, hands-off!
2) Give It a Bath – Clean the penis with lukewarm water and a mild cleanser using only the hands. Get all parts of the genital region and be as thorough as possible.
3) Rinse Well – Make sure all cleanser is rinsed away and the penis is clean.
4) Air Dry – Air drying gives the penis some much-needed room to hang out.
5) Cool Compress – Dip a soft, clean washcloth into cool water, wring it out, and apply it directly to the penis.
If the rash doesn’t clear up within a week, make an appointment to see a doctor or specialist.
It almost seems impossible, but 95 percent of penis rashes can be avoided with exceptional penis health care. Keep it clean and dry. Practice safe sex and get tested regularly if sexually active. Use a quality lube whenever and wherever needed.
One of the single best ways to protect the penis from any host of issues and keep a man’s penis skin in great shape is by using a specially formulated penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which has been clinically proven safe and mild for skin). It can completely make over red, inflamed penis skin to reveal a more pleasant penis. These types of oils are nutrient-rich. They include vitamins fundamental to penis health such as A, C, D, and E, which have properties especially beneficial for treating rashes and keeping them away in the future.