Clearly, in order for the penis to function properly in bed, a certain degree of penis sensitivity is key. If a guy instead has a numb penis, or one whose penis sensitivity is below adequate, there are bound to be problems. This penis health issue is fairly common, and usually the numb feeling is transient. But looking at possible causes of a numb penis can help a guy know what to do to maintain penis sensitivity.
Some typical causes
– Riding the bike. One of the most common causes of a numb penis comes simply from cycling. Bike riding is a wonderful form of exercise and has many health benefits, especially when engaged in the open air rather than on a stationary bike inside a gym – but both help improve a man’s health. Unfortunately, men who spend hours every day on the bike often end up with a numb feeling in the penis. This comes from all the pressure being put on the organ, leading to a situation known as pudendal nerve entrapment.
One way of helping to prevent this penis sensitivity issue is by finding a seat that is better designed for the penis, a split saddle seat. Cycling less or for shorter period of time can also help.
– Overuse. Sometimes penis sensitivity diminishes because of overuse of the organ – or perhaps, more appropriately, of overly rough use. When the penis is rubbed raw too often, whether from masturbation or from partner-based sex, it can develop scars or callouses – sometimes very small – which can make the penis less sensitive to the touch. Using adequate lubrication, loosening a “death grip” and treating the penis a little more tenderly are good ways to maintain proper sensitivity.
– Too much booze. As in other health areas, drinking too much alcohol can have a negative effect on penis health, including penis sensitivity. When there’s too much alcohol in the system for too long a time and/or too frequently, there can be a deadening of nerves, including those in the penis -and that means a numb feeling rather than heightened pleasure when touched.
– Smoking too much. The same is true from tobacco use. Smoking also can provide serious health issues, and just like alcohol, can lead to deadened nerves and a loss of penis sensitivity.
– Inactivity. The more physically fit a person is, the better his circulation tends to be, and that tends to play a role in maintaining good sensation in the penis. People who tend to be inactive, who sit for long periods of time (especially those with a desk job) are more likely to be putting more weight and more pressure on the penis – and this can lead to numbness. If a person has no choice but to spend great periods of time sitting, he should be sure his chair is not too hard and should do his best to stand up for short periods of time regularly.
– Pumping. Medical penis pumps can be of great benefit to men with erectile dysfunction. However, often such vacuum pumps are used for recreational purposes, and sometimes they can be misused – resulting in bruising, burst blood vessels and loss of sensation.
No man wants a numb penis, and maintaining overall penis health helps to increase the likelihood of proper penis sensitivity – so men should daily apply a top notch penis health oil (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best oil should include a range of beneficial ingredients, including L-carnitine. This amino acid has neuroprotective properties and can play a role in maintaining penis sensitivity. In addition, the oil should contain such excellent vitamins as A, B5, C, D and E, which benefit from their topical application.